View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:01 AM   #4679
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Supply Chain bottlenecks.........

U.S. President Joe Biden said Wednesday his administration has helped broker an agreement for the Port of Los Angeles to become a 24-hour, seven-days-a-week operation, part of an effort to relieve supply chain bottlenecks and move stranded container ships that are driving prices higher for U.S. consumers. Biden called the commitment to become a 24/7 operation “a big first step in speeding up the movement of materials and goods through our supply chain.”
But he said the “rest of the private sector chain” now needs to step up, as well, to help goods move faster. Biden said some companies, such as Walmart at UPS, are already pledging to help relieve the supply chain issues. And he called on others to do the same.

Sidebar: I've just been curiously wondering how, if these ports didn't have enough workers before to handle a Mon - Friday workload, how this is going to pan out.

I have no doubt there is a bottleneck of goods getting out of and into the states from China, but I can't understand once the containers arrive why the
bottleneck!? They seem to blame a lack of labor among longshoremen and truck drivers. These are both well paying jobs so I don't see many fleeing from these positions UNLIKE restaurant wait staff & retail sales clerks which are notorious for low pay and well.... just crappy jobs in general.

.."Something Is Rotten in the State Of Denmark"
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote