Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Fl View Post
I am an older femme, I didn't always like saying it until the last few years. But I've come to realize it's a privilege that I embrace within myself. I 'm proud of the lessons i 've experienced whether good or bad. How else could I have learned things in life?
I'm a late bloomer so being an older femme came with my awakening. The problem for me isn't older....I've earned every wrinkle and white hair among my ash blond head. But it's the lack of experience within this community AND being an older femme that is a challenge.

This really is a whole new culture, with new rules and ways of behavior. And if I am to navigate this new lifestyle, I need conversations, life experiences, words of wisdom, and friendships and companions to help me along the way.

I have been blessed with great butch bros who are all younger than I am, some younger than my own grown children. They have watched my back since I came out, often like a gang of Irish brothers with baseball bats, as I make forays out into this world. I love every one of them, though I have not met a single one in real time yet.

I've made my share of really bad mistakes, even with this support, but I am one step closer to being whole because of them.

So being an older femme for me has been a challenge and one that I'm still trying to find a comfortable fit with.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post: