View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #38
gracefaith

How Do You Identify?:
me

gracefaith will become famous soon enough
Default difficulties with their parents

Andrew and to any others who's finding difficulties with their parents...

My dad told me this morning he never wants to see me again nor wants me to ever come over again...

so what does this mean to honor parents.

but what about this: to learn not to honor the verbal abuse from the parent;

I'm really learning this area deeply to learn what is the true parent in the parent - and what is the abuse...

I really feel I fail my dad as he's verbal abusive, it led me to honor his verbal abuse towards me where to the point I panic and now my dad told me he never wants to see me again;

plus, my dad thinks I don't like him:

what?

I've tried so hard to connect with him, but I was trying mistakenly connecting to his abuse, thinking my dad will be happy...

In my trying to connect to my dad's verbal abusing me, I fail to connect to my dad,

however its way to high of an expectation for me to meet to try to connect, as how can I connect to my dad if he clothes in his verbal abuse and doesn't know how to be a parent the truth of a parent,

while I fail at connection and then lost it (my way of losing it is through a means of panic), then my dad told me, he never wants to see me again;...

so honor? isn't it the truth of the parent, for why honor any abuse? What are your thoughts on this?

you were saying about how you handle it with your folks is going with the flow and avoid, I think I need to do this too and stop trying...,

tons of tears fell down my face today. maybe I'm way overly sensitive also...

I love my dad and I did try to show him that I love him, but it fail again...

What is love when I'm not believed

is it then only me going beyond my spirit in an area that is no longer love, but what am I seeking to save then, is save not love - if not love and as I'd analyze this word love, meaning only what God is is love, what am I doing then, if I try and it fails, what am I doing then?

to fail when try to show love is the trying then no good, if I look bad, then what about my trying, or shall I only do what you do, avoid and go with flow;

to try to show love is like an invisible prison.

gracefaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

CityButch,

For me, it is the 10 Commandments. What part is hard for anyone to really follow? I know that personally I struggle with the commandment about honoring one's parents. Mine are nuts. So with that said, I just go with the flow. I avoid them, as they do me. But really when you break it down, it is a matter of the Golden Rule.

Andrew
gracefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gracefaith For This Useful Post: