Old 11-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #244
Sarafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married but confused

Sarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskathie View Post
I'm jumping into this thread way way late, but I want to chime in on the original June Cleaver question.

I don't feel any sort of femme connection with Junie at all. She was unendingly dull because the only role she had was to facilitate the happenings in other people's lives. My memory may be blurry, but I don't recollect June ever doing anything interesting EVER. I mean, really, even Barbie went to the moon and became a veterinarian.

Plus June dressed EXACTLY like every single other girl on the block, and my flavor of femminess expresses itself through the way I doll up. I'm a girlygirl, but I certainly don't want to dress in standard girlygirl uniform.

I respect the value of taking care of others that June embodied, but we can certainly take good care of our loved ones while being vibrant femmes in our own right.
I completely agree with PrincessKathie re: June Cleaver. I was born in the mid-70s so I don't remember seeing the show until I was an adult (and then in re-runs, obviously). I can see an attraction to the idea of 'playing' a 1950s-housewife role for kink reasons (but I'd certainly embody something more exciting than June Cleaver). I tend to like those greeting cards you see with the vintage housewife pictures on them and some subversive thought in a bubble above them (the whole notion of 'What were they /really/ thinking?) LOL.
Sarafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarafemme For This Useful Post: