Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lynn Anderson

Lynn Anderson, country music singer most famous for the hit "(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden," has died, according to the Associated Press. She was 67.

After beginning her country music career in 1966, she became a regular singer on "The Lawrence Welk Show" from 1967 to 1969. This exposure to a broad national audience paved the way for her crossover hit and signature song, "(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden." The song reached No. 1 on the Billboard country chart and No. 3 on the Billboard pop chart. She won a Grammy Award and "Female Vocalist of the Year" from the Country Music Association in 1971.

Further hits followed, including "You're My Man," "How Can I Unlove You," and "Cry." She frequently made guest appearances on television throughout the 1970s, including a starring role in an episode of "Starsky & Hutch." She continued to record and release music throughout her career, with her last album, "Bridges," released in June, 2015.

In addition to music, she was an avid equestrian, winning several national and world championships. She also bred Quarter Horses and Paint Horses. She won the title of "California Horse Show Queen" in 1966.

-------------------------------------

I still have that record.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: