Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #19
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

The food not touching issue was a bit hard for me to wrap my head around. As a chef for close to 30 years, presentation and "building" a plate is first nature. It actually takes me work to NOT assemble a presentation but to serve things on separate platters/ bowls/ etc. to allow for her to place things the way she needs them.

I have a lot of my own delightful quirks. I am a laundry nazi. I have however learned to say thank you when someone helps out and just go off quietly somewhere and refold everything.. sick, ain't it?

I am also a neat freak and am pretty much constantly tidying things or vacuuming . I hate sweeping, as I think it just stirs up more dirt. So, I will come behind you after you sweep and vacuum. I can deal with a "lived in" clutter for a day ( maybe ) I like things in their place and will move them around if they aren't where they belong. This is mostly because if I can't find stuff when I need it and go ballistic. Plus, order is very calming for me.

With all of my quirks I am actually fairly easy to live with. We ( the wife and I ) work most of our lil issues out in fairly creative and amicable ways.

Her: " MY plate. Do what you want to yours. THIS is mine ( insert waving hand over her plate)

Me: Yes, dear.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: