Old 04-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #1457
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Daisy View Post
They didnt Gemme no, there were two vets, I think one may have been training, I mention this as they were talking to each other as well as me and I sort of felt I didnt get their full attention. A dye was put in each eye and it only came out of one nostril, hence the tear duct issue diagnosis. I was thinking maybe conjunctivitis but this wasnt touched upon. It wasnt my usual vet, as we live in a small village my vet is only open a few days a week so I took an appointment at another, still part of the same chain so they had his notes to look over. The puffiness has gone down but its still very glassy looking and running fluid, I will persevere with the bathing and drops and give it another day, if no improvement he`ll go back again, I dont want him getting worse over the weekend.
Oh, I would have blown a gasket but I've been through Hell with vets. I had a cat, Oliver, who had a seizure in the office. I didn't want him treated with Phenobarbital because of the side effects and they did it anyway. Oliver wandered around the house like he was drunk for TWO DAYS and fell off the bed. He was 8 years old and could have seriously hurt himself or broke something. That was just from one injection. I will NEVER go to that company (Banfield) again.

I would go back to your usual vet. The easy way to see if it's conjunctivitis is if the redness is all around the eye while a tear duct blockage can create a rust colored spot underneath the eye if it's left long enough. The drops aren't for the blockage. That wouldn't make sense. So it has to be for an infection and you said it seems like the puffiness is diminishing some, so that's good! Infections take a while to clear up.

I was initially surprised that they didn't try to flush the blockage out, but with the infection, you have to resolve that before you can touch the blockage.

It actually sounds like your boy is on the road to recovery. I would still make sure to book your usual vet if you are still concerned but, from what you're saying, it sounds like you're on the upswing. Good luck!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: