Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh, yes, do pay attention to Nader entering the race. Obama is vulnerable and so many people, including left-wingers are so tired of Washington antics and stagnation.

The more I think about things, I can't help the thought of all the talk of Bohner not being in control as the Speaker over the Tea party reps as bogus- I think it is intentional in terms of taking Obama down.

The House since the mid-terms has done nothing for job creation (as was the Tea Party cry) and promoted nothing but anti-abortion and women's health bills. Along with this, the GOP/Tea Party govenors elected have been focused on the same things along with taking unions down. No real job creation work going on with them, either. Consequently, the jobless rate has stayed the same with one small movement downward, then back up.

The GOP knows that the rate of unemployment IS how they can win the White House- probably the only way. So, they have stayed away from actually doing anything to help create jobs so that it is the number one issue on the minds of the electorate in 2012.

Because the US is practically split down the middle politically, and Independents are the ones that really call elections, the GOP knows that halting job creation no matter how they do it will actually work in their favor. All they have to do is keep up the distractions with legislation to set the stage and continue to have the circus continue to focus on Obama not producing jobs and they are in.

I think the GOP political machine including Boehner is very much in control and knows exactly what it is doing even if some of their candidates draw laughter.

I also think Bachman is dangerous and that the GOP will rally behind someone like her- even the traditional GOP base- to gain the presidency and continue to dismantle the middle class in the US. They really do not care about middle and working class people at all. The rise of a millionaire elite is what they want.

During times of economic stress, I think someone like Bachman being elected could happen. It's all in the "calculations."
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote