Old 06-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #7080
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Just two thoughts...

Six months seems like a very time... just on the face of it... and therefore I feel for anyone who would have to suffer such a fate. But... admittedly... I don't know how many projects are typically completed in six months. I'm going to guess, depending on on the project, between two and three? Why aren't people sidelined by X number of projects, rather than a time period.

I think the time period is the easiest way to say 'stop, start' but this is an option as well. I would be open to discussing this further.

Everyone needs a free pass now and then. So, going forward everyone gets one ... only if... the project is no more than X number of days late.

Too difficult to keep track of who is on their pass(es). We can barely get folks to put the 'on a 6 month hiatus' notification in their posts as it is plus we didn't come up with the hiatuses right off the bat. People continually sent stuff in late, with no money, et cetera. We've used free passes in the past. I'm a veto for this.

Okay, three thoughts...

If it's well established what works... eg: time frames and modes of shipping... then it's not "unfair" to set expectations. Now, if it's discovered that what worked before no longer does... then new parameters must be set... and in turn... new accountability standards reestablished. <~ maybe it's time for that?
We set these parameters after years of dealing with some of the issues I mentioned above and more. Though I started this thread here in 2009, we were doing this on the previous site too so there's a LOT of history. Newcomers haven't been privy to that history, so I'm sure that it seems we're a bit bullheaded about it all when, in reality, we've just seen a lot more and have had the heartbreak of having our projects just lost or forgotten and that's a bitter pill to swallow.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: