Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #2314
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default Try it again Rain..

Ok like i said i was scared of other peoples kids..Then my kids started to come and i learned how to talk to them and play with them and as adults now i am very-very close to all 5 of them..I bought my first cell phone to keep in touch with them.I learned how to text them and yes i did get help from one of the kidz..I love those kids and would take a bullet for anyone of them at a seconds notice..

Anyway here is my idea..Just my thoughts..
I guess first you gotta figure out if it is the Mom Lady making it hard on the Kid or is the Kid making it hard on the Mom Lady..If the kid is whining she only has 2 more years until she is an adult..So you might mention to her to suck it up you are almost on your own..I had this conversation with 2 of my kids..Now 4 out of the 5 are on their own and they lived through it..Ok now if the Mom Lady is making it hard on the Kid then i think you better find out why the kid wants to go..Quiet at your house..Hummmm..Is there alot of arguing??Step Dad-Sister-Brother..Dont know the living situation.Gotta find out the reason..If you do agree to let her stay give it a time limit and a few rules that you stick by..Also might mention if you do let her stay with you guys and it doesnt work out and you gotta fly her back early then as soon as she gets a job she needs to pay you back for that plane ticket..Ask your partner if there was anyone she/he looked up to as a kid growing up..Maybe a Kid in the house would be a good thing..Your partner might get a good friend and someone to hang out with when you arent around..I say try it and let the Kid know if the rules arent followed it will stop as quick as it started..
I dont mean to offend anyone if i did "mis-speak"..I am sorry if i did..This is just my thought..Actually i might be put in the same situation if i pursue the thought you are having..My 16 year old niece also..I dont want to finish raising her but will not turn her away..
Hope that helps a little..Good luck..

s..
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote