Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
This is not crap that helps us. By us, I mean queer community that needs to be recognized with rights for protections, marriage, immigration, adoption, all that.

This is the kind of crap that makes us look worse even.

Cause its not about a story of us in loving relationships, its not a story about who we really are.

Its a story about how the conservatives accuse us to be. It pisses me off.

I mean, certainly, sometimes we are just looking for some hot body on a boat. Hell yeah. House bois free to apply via pm.

However... we are MORE than this.

I hope Im making myself clear.
No, actually, I don't get it. This guy has spent the term of his adult life trying to screw over the gay community. He's now been hoist by his own petard. I think this is VERY good for us because every one of these stories demonstrates, empirically, viscerally and in a way no one can deny, that each time these yahoos say 'gay people are like this' or 'gay people do that' or 'gay people are a threat because of this' they are projecting out of their OWN fantasies, fears and desires. How does this guy, co-founder of one of the largest, most influential, anti-gay groups in the country, being shown for the utter self-hating hypocrite that he is NOT help us?

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post: