View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 04:26 AM   #4844
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I did not buy it but have been looking at a Lincoln Electric welder.

Been reading this book: Fabrication and Welding Engineering by Roger Timings

plus couple of other books on welding

I have not ever done any welding but have wanted to learn for a years. Be a very useful skill for me to acquire. No less than once a month, something comes up around here and I wish I already had a welder and the experience to use it.

One day when I am all finished with this pine tree mess and have my yards like I want them, I will have time to leisurely do many other things that will be whole lots of fun.

I hope I never lose my desire to learn how to do new things. Sometime in the future, I will make a dragger to hook to the truck ... it will scrape the forest floor. The idea is already formulating. Something along the lines of:

fill 5 gallon water bottle with concrete and put many strands of rebar through it ... the rebar will need to stick out from the concrete several inches for it to be effective

I have watched numerous cool DIY videos on this but they all require welding. I believe the concrete and rebar thing I came up with will work too. Be interesting to make and find out.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: