Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #36
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Wanderer View Post
I attempt to portray the characters in the light that they'd wish to be portrayed, to the best of my understanding
I really, really like this concept and approach to your drawings. I so often hear authors talk about how their characters in books would react to something or "what would character x do/think/feel" but I am trying to remember if I have ever heard a visual artist approach the subject like this. Maybe...I have no art degree so won't claim a broad knowledge. What I so often read about is the many visual artists stating they painted/drew the figure because they (artist) were trying to convey a thought/feeling/idea. Almost a voyeuristic experience with the subject which can sometimes leave the viewer feeling a coolness or almost clinical approach to the work. Your drawings are very engaging and seem (to me) intimate without being intrusive. Thank you so much for sharing these with us!

Oh...and agree with Sunshyne above...the dapper butch, pinup femme idea sounds fab!

Katniss~~ (the above emoticon being the extent of my artistic ability...)
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post: