Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I've decided to stop being quite so self-expressive at work and to begin trying to look promotable. I'm currently in a position which requires 2 years time before the next promotion at this company, but I've decided to attempt to dress like a professional for work. This is a new path for me, since I've tended to think of work as something I have to do and at the clothes I wear as whatever I can get away with. Anyway, I'm currently attempting to revamp my work-wardrobe in order to make me appear more professional. Thank the gods for the Austin Goodwill, where I have found some lovely snappy blazers and vests. I don't want to go to work looking like a corporate automaton, but it's occurred to me that my goals in life are changing. I would like to put myself through a sort of self-styled finishing school. I am proud of my upbringing and my class as well as my eccentricity and general fashion silliness, but in order to have a position that pays well enough for me to do things like purchase a home, have children, put them through college one day - I need steady work and a higher income. I want my boss to not think twice about having me in meetings with the higher-ups or to task me with things that require the competence I already possess.

Anyway, I've been reading some books regarding the current "rules" of corporate dress for women, and I may be posting some of this info here in this thread. I would love to hear about other femmes' professional wardrobe choices - including finishing touches and the like. <3

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: