Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #49
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
JustJo, make sure you scrape all the dressing off the middle piece of bread and back in to the burger when you remove it. It makes the experience so much better.

Damn, it is 8:30 a.m. ... our city is preparing for an ice storm ... and all I can think of now is a couple of Big Macs. Must get a couple as soon as they start serving burgers at 10:30 a.m. - forunately I have less than a mile to drive.

Gotta have ... the craving has hit! LOL!
For some cravings like this, I make my own version at home that's better for me and often more cost effective. After all, the special sauce is derived from simple, ordinary household foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
ooo Zimmy, interesting, thank you! ive not thought of that..
i know what i 'was' doing was allowing myself a can when i truly, truly craved it .. which seemed to work for about the first week but, then i kinda fell off the wagon and so i'm thinking i just need to stop it altogether..

one day i was watching Dr Oz (I LOVE DR OZ!!!) and the program had a bit in it about diet soda, and i learned that diet soda although low in calories really isn't great and a lot of people cannot lose weight while drinking it, kinda screws things up.. wonder if i could find the article on his site somewhere...
ANYway, i've been a diet pepsi drinker, so i know i really need to quit it! lol..

finding something as an alternate for when i really crave it would be a great idea, thank you! i'm going to look for something like that.. because i know if i drank mostly water and then had a craving, a small glass of something would be enough to curb my realllllllly wanting that diet pepsi, eh! hehe..
Diet drinks have formaldehyde in them. While it may help to keep you looking younger, I'm not sure the inside of your body will be as lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Hi sylvie,

I'm so glad you posted this! I was hunting for a link that I (thought) I had put in the diabetes thread...but now I'm not finding it....grrrrrrr....

Anyway, there have been studies that show that diet soda (and artifical sweeteners) while having zero calories themselves, actually increase your cravings for sweet foods...and also change the way your body processes the calories it receives from other sources and makes you more likely to store them as fat.

I'll keep looking for the article...
Sweets do tend to create the desire for more in me. The same for carbs. I can eat both until it's coming out of my ears but once I break that cycle, it's harder to slip back into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
ohh, wow, thank you Toughy..
see this is why i want to research anything, my doctor is very much a pill pusher, and i'm very much against taking medication for no good reason..
i really, seriously appreciate the link, don't think i'll be trying that , seems the water is curbing it and if i can get over a one or two week period i'm sure the appetite problem will start to get easier. (least i hope so)..
When I first started working out more, my appetite became rampant. In about two to two and a half weeks, it calmed down and a lot of my very intense cravings disappeared. I only rarely get cravings now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: