Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #26
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Thanked 1,565 Times in 380 Posts
persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Now is the time to buy non=gmo organic seeds and learn how to save your seeds to replant. Its been done this way for 100's of years. If you live in a farming community where GMO crops are close by then you may have a problem.

I think that you will see more and more people setting up cold frames and controlled environments to protect food. I'm lucky that there are no major crops and planting close by because its hilly but its still a concern.

A woman who lives a few hours north of me discovered that the huge corn fields surrounding her little place are all GMO and heavily sprayed. She is organic. How bad does that suck? Because round up and all those chemcials run off into the water systems.

bees will infect your plants by carrying gmo pollen around. since bees travel up to two miles or more there is no real way to know unless you test your stuff. this is also why there's no such thing as organic honey. and lots of gmo sites are secret, which is another huge problem.
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post: