View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oh gees what a surprise.............

Famed fashion editor created 'intolerant' workplace!

Anna Wintour admits to 'mistakes along the way' in NYT report on 'intolerant' Vogue workplace.

A bombshell story in the New York Times addresses the issue of diversity at Vogue with a sharp eye cast on the woman who helms the ship: Anna Wintour. The Saturday piece, which leans on interviews with 18 unnamed sources, claims that under Wintour — who has been Vogue’s editor-in-chief since 1988 and Condé Nast’s artistic director since 2013 — the magazine “welcomed a certain type of employee — someone who is thin and white, typically from a wealthy family and educated at elite schools.”

According to Vogue, Wintour, 70, emailed her staff in early June, in the wake of the protests ignited by the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, saying, “I want to say plainly that I know Vogue has not found enough ways to elevate and give space to Black editors, writers, photographers, designers and other creators. We have made mistakes, too, publishing images or stories that have been hurtful or intolerant. I take full responsibility for those mistakes.”

Many saw the email as “calculated”, “hypocritical” or even “hollow” — an argument bolstered when Wintour was not present that month for a meeting on race and racism. But some Black employees told the Times the email was “an awkward, though heartfelt, attempt at genuine change.”
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: