Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,633 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I took my almost 10-year-old granddaughter to see the new production of the color purple. This movie is very significant in my family. My daughter and I used to watch it every year when she was little, starting around the age my granddaughter is. It is the movie that impacted my daughter, making her want to go to Africa (which she did, working in an orphanage with children, who were infected or affected by AIDS) and For naming her firstborn child Violet (as the color purple) but mostly though, it impacted her with awareness about familial and social violence and racism and how important it is for women to support one another.
After the movie, my granddaughter, and I went to a restaurant, and we discussed the movie. Some of it she was confused about, mostly because she’s 10 and doesn’t have the life experience. But I watched her little face as we talked, so focused on the topic, coming up with really interesting points herself. She processed the material, loved the story and Asked a lot a lot of questions.
The color purple is a tradition in our family, and I was so happy to introduce it to the next generation!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: