Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #46
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I agree Toughy. Diet is what we eat. I've tried many diets over the years all worked until I'd lost some weight, hit a plateau lose interest and go back to eating like I'm use to and gain the weight back.

I've lost weight cutting out fat, cutting out whites, cutting out soft drinks, and cutting out carbs. Just one at the time on different occasions. The most weight I've ever lost and kept off for any length of time and yall are going to laugh was. In '84 I lost 90 pounds drinking beer and eating rice and cream of mushroom or chicken soup and smoking ciggy's. LOL I kept it all off until the mid to late 90's and I think as Sassy has hit on, I think the regain was psychological.

Though I now know it can be dangerous to cut out anything totally, I think one of the best things I ever did was South Beach. Yes I had caffeine withdrawal and sugar withdrawal and a head ache from hell for 3 days about day 10 or 12 and the shakes from not having sugar for 2 weeks, I'd never go that route again but the best thing that came from it is that I haven't and don't truly crave anything ever and haven't since I did South Beach probably about 8 or 10 yrs ago and I did maintain that weight for several years.

The best thing I have found is lifestyle changes and eating habits are better than any "diet". Portion control and exercise. I hate it myself because I want results fast but unfortunately that isn't the way I gained it and it's doubtful I'll lose it that quickly either.

Good Luck to everyone regardless of your choice of dieting strategy.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: