Thread: Mac converts
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,449 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
apart from games, what sort of aps did you lose?

and I'm curious about the protection plan...did you have issues that needed it?
Aw, shit, I can't even think now, it's been so long. The biggest pain in the ass is that when you find a really cool free download.. for example, software to rip movies off of DVDs onto your Hard Drive... you have to search twice as long to find something mac friendly. That's changing, though, so not such a hassle. The biggest things for me were photoshop/PSP and the microsoft suite.

I've actually had more problems with my mac than anyone I've ever spoken to.

I've had: speaker problems, case problems, keyboard problems, clamshell problems, software problems and hard drive problems.

They wound up giving me a completely new computer that had more RAM and Disc Space than my old computer for free due to all the hassle. Recently, I had a complete hard drive failure because I work with files so much and they all got fragmented, and it was really just a big mess. After all the recovery was done, (by an outside party because my warranty was up) Apple helped me migrate all my files to where they belonged so none of my settings were wonky.

I don't want to get offtrack, but I'm happy to explain in more detail why I wound up with a new comp, as well as my trials/tribulations with mac people, and all that, if you'd like to hear it, either in PM or in the thread (don't wanna talk too much, shit!)

Oh, and another thing I hate about macs are that if you have something wrong with your computer they must restore it to factory default before they can fix it. Example: your USB port doesn't work, and you have a broken clamshell, they must fix the broken clamshell before they touch the USB port.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote