Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I’ve been making a body butter that’s working out well. I use the following ingredients:

– Unrefined Shea Butter
– Raw Cocoa Butter
– Olive Oil
– Coconut Oil

I use one part of each, gently heat it, refridgerate it for awhile, and whip with emulsion blender. Click here for one of many online recipes.

I get all the ingredients from Amazon and it works out to about $5.00 for every 8 oz and it lasts a long time. It’s really good for my dry skin.

I took a class on making lotion and body butters. I prefer making body butters because it’s easer and, IMHO, more healthful. Lotion includes water and a preservative is needed to prevent mold. No preservatives are needed in the body butters I’ve created.

I also took a class on making soap and you damn near have to be a chemist to get that right. You must wear protective gear because you’re working with lye—that really cramped my style in this hot weather.

I love taking these kinds of classes. Some classes have been good for me (making body butter, using chalk paint) and some weren’t so good (making soap and lotions).

Hoping I find another class to take this summer.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: