Old 09-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #27
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
PrincessBell..they say if it dosent break u it makes u stronger,as far as I see it sometimes the price is to high when ppl dont have recorse of some kind for crap that goes on,maybe one day this kind of crap wont be an issue but it will be a long time comeing no matter what the situation is.
I agree with you...it will take a lot longer and a lot more effort than our generation. I pray that the younger ones may have a clearer path by some of us around here taking a stand in some small way...that is my wish anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
I have never flown a rainbow flag or put a sticker on my car to show who I am..I am a femme and therefore people assume I am straight..Im also a mother of an adult son and a teenage daughter..so the assumptions are plenty that I am.

My partner and I live in a nice area..close to the snowbirds..we get some double takes but over the past couple of years we have noticed how many gays are actually up here in the piece of suburban paradise..we live in a great subdivision with fantastic neighbors..and those neighbors who know us..know we are gay..I mean hello! lol.....but I do live a quiet comfortable life..and the hetros are not always ready for woman like us ...I am most comfortable in my backyard with my fellow gay friends or going to the lesbian bars..but we fit in whereever we go..

I have never chosen to fly a flag other than the american, marine and airforce one..but my blood is rainbow color and I am gay and proud and privledged to love the woman I have and be loved by them..

I pray that couple can recover from such hate....but I would guess they will since they are going on 16 years togehter....that in itself if powerful!

God bless them

You ARE very fortunate to live in a great place like that. I wish we all did. But, reality is we don't. I agree they will recover and be stronger for it. On Lady Pamela's link there is a site to donate clothing or food...they lost everything. It appears that there are some organizations that are providing help to them. Thank goodness. There are some GREAT people who live here...but honestly it is NOT gay friendly at all and will be decades before it is..imo. But, there is always hope.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote