TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post
After searching through the parenting forum, I was unable to find a thread pertaining to this issue. My apologies if there is one and I just haven't found it.
My daughter just recently turned 6. She has been toilet trained since she was 18 months old and since then has rarely had a daytime accident. She just doesn't wake up when she needs to -for lack of a better term- "pee" at night. She has been wearing a pull-up at night and very rarely wakes up dry.
Here is my issue and its rather two-fold as my mum seems to always need to offer her opinion whether I want it or not...
After speaking with my family Dr., I was reassured that it is normal and she will outgrow it. She says many children don't have mature bladders at this age.
My mum, on the other hand has many opinions and says basically that she is not trained and I must be doing something wrong...
I am very frustrated...
If anyone has any thoughts to share, advice or the like, I am open to suggestion.
I realise that I am complaining about my mother, but I really would love to hear of any 'like' stories and/or experiences.

Girl, your family dr. is right. Many times children's bladders aren't matured enough to not wet while still sleeping. I was one of those children growing up and I outgrew it. Don't freak out, your daughter isn't being lazy and not getting up it's just that bladders are not always mature in some children like they are in others to hold pee and wake them up with the urge to go. It may help your daughter to not be wet in the mornings if you will not allow her to drink anything an hour before bed time, that works for some children too, not all, but some. Just a suggestion.