View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation
Smile You're doing it right!!!!!

Newborns have remarkably tiny bladders (as well as other body parts and organs) that grow slowly......very slowly. Toddler bladders aren't much bigger, some only hold about 30ml of fluid(a shot glass) and this is why they urinate frequently during toilet training. The next 'big jump' is around school age-kindergarten and first grade....give or take a year. During these periods they are learning and storing an incredible amount of information, and all of it has to be sorted, repackaged, and filed for storage during sleep.

I was one of the miniature bladder kids....the pediatrician told my parents it was normal to be a bed wetter, and that i WOULD grow out of it, my grandmother said I just needed night-time training. My parents wanted a quick fix, so I would go to the hospital every six months for them to attempt to expand my bladder. I doubt they do this any more....it hurts, and makes your urine get bloody from small tears in the bladder.

The summer between kindergarten and first grade, my grandmother won a round with my parents, and I got to spend 2 weeks at her house in the hills of Kentucky. Her routine for me was totally low stress, and lots of fun.
Playing outside all day (weeding the vegetable garden, feeding chickens, walking to the grocery or post office) eating on a schedule, and yes!! drinking on a schedule all day for 2 weeks.
After the pre-bedtime rituals were completed, she would give me a 4oz glass of water to drink and tuck me in. The water was to prime the pump, so to speak. I fell asleep hard and fast because of those busy days. For the first week, she would set her alarm every 2 hours to walk me to the bathroom, give me another 4oz glass of water, and take me back to bed. The second week, she set her alarm every 3 hours for a few days, then every 4 hours. Each time I urinated, she made me drink 4oz of water.
Not only was I not embarrassed anymore, I wasn't waking up in a wet bed.
It might be worth a try for her.

Thinking of moms--I was one of her more difficult babies--I was sent to different relatives from 6months-6 years old.

Hope this helps, or gives an idea to try.
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post: