cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah Vincent, it may well have been the IRA support.
By the time I was tagged as an IRA sympathizer, college major had been Marxist Studies, went to Greensboro rally in which many different factions of The Fourth International had marched (not speaking one another as usual) lol. There were people who bussed in from all over the US. Feds were on top of buildings snapping pictures and with automatics trained on the protest. Tension was palpable, and violence anticipated.

Political activity could be traced back to the Right to Choose Movement and failed ERA work in '76. I started young with a mom, who was Republican, volunteered with League of Women Voters, born in the year women got the vote, who taught about the importance of being active. She was disapproving of the direction it went, but was happy to see the activity before even old enough to vote.

Point of this story, that your IRA online support is probably a minor footnote buried in some agent's paper files. They are probably not tracking me as much anymore either. They've got bigger fish to fry now who are not just supporting revolutionary work that could be justified as First Amendment rights in the US Constitution. It was a while back, right? Defeat was back in the '80s...now just Sinn Fein. Though, I read that there's discontent brewing again.