Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
...and they like vegetarian potluck dinner parties. At least, I do.
And, after dinner, they form a drumming circle in the backyard and howl at the moon. I don't do this, but some of my best friends do.
I wanna have a drum circle and howl at the moon.

About seven years ago I went swimming at night at Barton springs in Austin (it's a huge freezing swimming pool, spring-fed and very natural looking). It happened to be a full moon night, and all these people showed up and began howling at the moon. I was down in the dark cold water and with the full moon above me and human howls coming from all sides. The greater part of me at the time felt like this was an odd and somewhat silly and very Austin experience. Since then, though, there have been nights when I wish I could go back there to that moment and join the human howling at the moon. It seems like howling is such a lonely sound and the visceral sharing of and in loneliness in the cold dark water is a moment I want back. I was alone all the time back then - no matter how many people I knew - and I didn't yet know the sound of my own voice.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: