View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #20
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bump Bump (8 years later....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
My straight friend Suzanne is awesome. She goes to an LGBTQ-embracing church, she walks in AIDS walks despite ankle problems, she's going to Pride next week, she is the person who told me about the Queer the Census stickers and she also mentioned how happy she was there was a box for "ally" on those stickers, so she has an opportunity to participate. She does all that and more just because she's great, just because it's part of her value system, just because she's a thoughtful, ethics-driven person who wants to live in a just, fair and accepting world. I think she was originally inspired by getting to know her gay uncle, and it's such a relief to know she has my back and it's not personal so much as it's just who she is. I wish there were more people in the world like her.

Yesterday, I was totally enjoying poetry slam poetry on youtube, and I ran into Alvin Lau's "Full Moon" which I actually got to hear live a few years back at the International Poetry Slam here in Austin. It's a poem about his sister's wedding to another woman, and it made me think:

I am so thankful for our allies.

Thank you Suzanne. Thank you Alvin Lau.
Thanks Nat for your activism ..... and this thread (it's wonderful).
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote