View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 04:57 PM   #729
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

He had a number of jobs. He worked as a carpenter, directed a non-profit which made film strips, wrote freelance, worked as an aide in a psych hospital, did research for the state of Vt, registered people for food stamps for a non profit, worked as a Head Start teacher, and other things. What he was doing was making a living while being an activist. I lived in Ann Arbor back in the day, and there were tons of college educated committed hardworking people doing all kinds of jobs so they could continue their activism. I imagine there were even fewer job opportunities in Vermont. There are lots of politicians who didn't have major careers before politics. I consider his working class roots something to be proud of.