View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #4894
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Today, since there is hardly anybody on the roads in our neighborhood, I decided to go for what is my second time, riding my bicycle. It's just a simple Huffy women's bicycle, no bells or whistles, no braking system other than using the bicycle pedals. I made sure the air in the tires were just right, then I put on my bicycle helmet, riding gloves and turned on the lights (front and brake light system). I rode for about 40 some-odd minutes. About 4.3 miles. Sometimes, I had to get off the bike and walk my bike up long grades on hills nearby. But, the few drivers who went by? They slowed down and smiled at me and gave me the 'thumbs up' sign...

I'm sitting in my big momma's chair right now, and rehydrating after my ride. Two quarts down, one more to go (soonly).

My hips hurt the worst, and my glutes (thighs) are burning and shakey.

But it felt so great to breathe in the fresh air.

Now, next time I work up courage to go for a ride, I will stick to my 4.3 mile route until I can bicycle it without getting off and walking my bike up hills.

The downside to all of this is that when people return to work and traffic begins to rise, I don't know if I will be so willing to do it, unless it's on the weekend (less traffic). I wish there were bicycle lanes that helped me get to other parts of our metro area that definitely have inner-city lanes for cyclists. If there was? I'd ride every day, and save only my car for trips to the washeteria and grocery shopping and the doctor's office.

That's my 'good news' today, that I created my first milestone of achievement in being able to ride my bike for longer than 20 minutes in our gigantic parking lot, lol.

Cheers to everyone.

Wishing health and safety to all,
~K.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!! You did a good safety check and got ready and had a good ride!

I thought I would ride today but I did yard work instead. Probably four hours of raking and cleaning up. There is still work to be done but that's good. I enjoy it.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: