View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 08:52 PM   #4898
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

FINALLY!!

My beach access opened a few days ago and today I decided to test it out and see how things were. Perfect weather, low tide (so the beach is wide), and 2 1/2 months of pent-up anticipation.

It couldn’t possibly have been better. People were being really great and distancing out something like 20 feet for the most part. Lifeguards were making sure that nobody had any blankets or chairs and people did keep moving. All of the new signage and cordoned off access and exit areas were very clear that it is for now an exercise only Beach. Fine with me! It felt completely safe, most folks had a mask although almost none were wearing it because of the distancing and it felt great to just breathe the salt air.

I got to walk in the sand barefoot and wiggle my toes in the cold water, nothing like not having something for a while to make you appreciate it all the more. Just before the shut down I hurt my knee pretty badly and have not been able to go to physical therapy for it. I’ve been making up my own routine and while it is weak, it worked. I was good and didn’t push it too hard but as of now at dinner time I have 9960 steps. I am confident that I will make 10 K by bedtime.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: