Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Can ya all stand another post about how to make a great mask?

I hope so.

So, my mom (The 80 year old RN) showed me the mask that she recently was gifted. It was made from a bra. So, today, I have an strapless bra I have not worn in years and it's in good condition. Guess what I did?

No bra burning here. I put my strapless, underwire bra to good use. It only took ten minutes to make two excellent masks.

And for those of you who know me really well, lol, it's gotta have bling too.

Directions on how to make the Strapless Bra Mask:

1) cut the two bra cups free, by cutting along the sides of each cup.
2) carefully take the elastic ear pieces from a used mask that you can no longer wear and set them free from the paper mask they sit on.
3) stitch the elastic ear pieces along the outside of the cup.
4) the underwire part of the bra cup goes under your chin. The top of the cup gives excellent coverage over your nose and mouth.
5) I don't think one needs to use a filter if your bra cups have padding in them already, which mine did.
6) Doll up your bra cup mask with all kinds of bling. I used sparkly gems from my craft box. So I have rainbow gems that travel across the entire bra cup.

Cheers + germ free air smoochies to all you crafters,

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: