View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #5257
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Pier 1 is closing all of its stores permanently. Their parent company is also permanently closing other chains, including Catherines, which upsets me greatly.
Pier 1 is going out of business however they do not have a parent company. They were an individual company publicly owned and traded. I know because I have worked for them in their corporate office for over seven years and am losing my job. I've not only been a customer since the 1970s but after working for them all of these years, I can tell you they were an amazing company with a very employee centric culture. They slipped up a little a couple of years ago in not keeping up with eCommerce and well, the rest is history. The website is just a 'look book' now and you can no longer place orders there but stores should be open through at least the end of August if not maybe even the end of September depending on inventory. Some good bargains to be had now for sure. Their name and intellectual rights as well as the website were auctioned off and the buyer will be relaunching a new Pier 1 website but who is to say what that will even be like. It won't be Pier 1 though as we've known it all of these years. Super sad about it all.