femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

10K steps, 4.6 miles

I had to walk on the streets because it was too late for the park.

I made it into an investigative walk. 3 fancy hotels in my neighborhood are being paid by the government to temporarily house 600 homeless people in them to decrease crowding in shelters. Some people were complaining that it is leading to a bad scene in the neighborhood (a number are registered sex offenders, some in recovery said to be openly using, untreated mental illness, etc.). So I decided to visit all three hotels and see if I noticed much. I didn't. I do think there are many more homeless people with an active presence in the neighborhood. The latest hotel where people are piping mad about is only for single men recovering from drugs. There was security working there, and they were working with one man who was only partially centered in reality. I've been following the news on this whole thing. I made my visits from 9 -10 pm. And for those who don't know the vibe of NYC, it's bustling with people even late at night. Outdoor dining everywhere goes through midnight etc. So everything is well-lit.

It was interesting to add a little investigative mission to my walk . Conclusion: For nighttime things don't seem to be too out of control.

Editing to add: The idea is to spread homeless people out in order to decrease the spread of COVID secondary to many people in close quarters. Apparently hotels are being paid by the government more than they would be by paying clientele, and these hotels are super pricey. An interesting dynamic...

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 08-06-2020 at 02:36 AM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: