Thread: Camping anyone?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #35
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulcindy View Post
Rainbow Ranch is I think 2-4hrs south
Of Dallas,TX it's outside if Grosbeck(not
Sure on the spelling!!)

It's family owned and operated so fun
Always something going on there!!
Just a happy kind of place!!!
It's about 3 hours outside of Dallas. Yes, in Groesbeck area. Takes about 4 hours to drive from Houston. We've stayed there in a cabin once, in the summer, and twice in a truck-mounted tent. I bring all the luxuries. The tent is custom fitted to the truck, and the mattress fits around the wheel-wells. I bring a pop-up canopy, and we place it over the picnic table they provide for each site. I bring thermo-electric coolers, real dishes, totes that convert to sink basins, lanterns, a dining table, chairs, battery-operated candles, music, etc. We have candle-lit dinners. Sound kinda nice for camping, huh?

I've also got a 8'x16' regular tent, a queen-size air mattress that takes sheets just like a regular bed. I bring all the other things listed above, plus carpeting for the inside of the tent, 400 thread-count sheets, comforter, equipment to make a nightstand and drawer for my things...

Oh, and I forgot that I rig-up a window unit A/C into the regular tent, when the weather is warmer. We've even built a privacy screen and our own "kitty-litter" powered porta-privvy.

We don't suffer much when we camp.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTigress For This Useful Post: