Old 10-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Scrappy L'il Southpaw

How Do You Identify?:
Woman Full of Surprises
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unchallenged Bedhog

Scrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
For so many, MANY years when i was married to a bio man i was so lost, went through such depression and felt there was no escape.

This song honestly saved my life, more times than i can count. I used to sing it in the shower and cry and cry. I would come out of my shower feeling strong again.

Sometimes there is a song, a movie, a certain friend that can help pull you out of dark times.

Hold on for one more day and things will go your way...that is how i deal with the down times.

That is a great song! I'm so glad you said "dark times." That encompasses so much and some people just don't get that it can be so much more than being sad and crying all the time.

During a similar time for me, my song was Destiny Child's Survivor. (grammar aside, you have to make it work with the music sometimes).

I'm a Survivor. I'm not gon' give up. I'm not gon' stop. I will work harder.
I'm a Survivor. I'm gonna make it. I will survive. Keep on survivin'.

Positive music or very expressive music is always very helpful.

When I'm emotional, I like the music LOUD!!!! If I'm pissed (at self or others) and trying to shake it and calm myself, LOUD music in the car is the best! Something with either a lot of guitar or a lot of bass or excellent harmonies so I can sing along. Whatever it is, it has to be passionate! Bryan Adams is good for harmonies and guitar.

I used to clear the furniture from the floor and dance. Usually something slow and expressive like Sarah McLachlan's Angel. I haven't done that in YEARS. I have the space for it now so I can take it back up.

Singing is also very therapeutic for me especially if I can get something new and challenging and conquer it. I can blow off steam AND add a new song to my repertoire.
Scrappy L'il Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scrappy L'il Southpaw For This Useful Post: