How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

We went to an Indian restaurant that had a special Valentine's Day dinner one year. Usually places just want the money, I believe (at least in NYC!). We were considered amusing, I'd guess, lots of smiles at us, which was fine. I kind of had to specify at the beginning that we were a Valentine's couple because they tried to seat us as a non-Valentine's Day dining guests (in a different section of the restaurant that didn't have heart decorations on the table). A little awkwardness and then "ohhhh" .

This year we are going to another Indian restaurant, the one we went to on our very first date ever, and I think they get the deal with us. We get sly smiles and general kindness whenever we go there, usually for special occasions, which is all good. I requested seating for us at the table we sat at on that first date. What's embarrassing about that is that it happens to be the table closest to the bathroom, so I think it causes some questions when I say, "Please reserve us the table closest to the bathroom." I think that's more embarrassing than the gay issue!

We could choose a gayer restaurant, but we can't help loving Indian food, so we join a mainly straight crowd for Valentine's Day .

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: