Old 09-16-2018, 07:35 AM   #7261
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Awesome! My idea is in the early stages but what do you think about this?

Create Your Own Creature

I'd already thought about something like this before but clay mentioned wanting to do something similar to the Mermaid Project again and this felt right.

Basically, the core of the idea is to create a brand new creature using at least 2 recognizable features of other creatures, animals, beings or entities. For example, you can take the wings of a Pegasus and the head of a lion, like a different version of a Hippogriff, or you can put human legs on a mermaid torso and the face of an antelope. The options are, literally, endless.

You would even name your creation!

Here's an article about fantasy creatures to give you an idea of what can be mixed and matched. You can also do it PFA style and randomly attach body parts that seem interesting to you and see what happens.

Here's a link to a page about mythical and fantasy creatures for inspiration. This page has tons of links to tons of creatures and critters so it's an excellent resource.

For those feeling experimental, you can use more than 2 but I didn't want to overwhelm anyone. The genius of this project is that it doesn't matter what the end result looks like. Who's going to tell you that you didn't do it right if it's an imaginary creature of your own making? lol

I haven't worked out sizing, materials, et cetera, but wanted to test the water temperature with y'all.

So, what do you all think? Is it something you would be interested in trying?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: