Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
I think what Weinstein did goes way beyond failure of manners and lack of consideration. What comes to mind when I hear that is someone not getting up on a crowded bus and giving up their seat to someone who needs it. He’s a vulture who used all types of power to abuse and rape And while I am not going to get into specifics as to the situations I have been inwhen I experienced the same things, I will say I didn’t give in to anything. I had no other choice at the time. Just like all women that are abused and raped, if I actually thought I had a choice at the time, it would never have happened.
In the conventional usage of those terms, yes. Rape is an extreme example of lack of consideration for others. I didn't give into anything or have any other choice when I was raped either. He was simply so much stronger than me that I was powerless to fight back, unable to escape. What happened was what he wanted, whether I liked it or not, whether it hurt me or not.

It's this kind of thing with regard to language that I find so difficult. If one uses emotive language, it can be difficult to stick to logic - but in cases like Weinsteins, or Jimmy Savilles, if one uses less emotive language it can seem to some as if one has missed the point, or does not acknowledge the severity of the situation. I can assure you that I have neither missed the point nor do I fail to understand the severity of the crimes committed by such men. I simply chose to use unemotive language in order to prevent myself going into a foul-mouthed diatribe about them and what I would wish done to them in vengeance for their crimes.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote