Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I don't even understand this thread. Seriously. What is it about?
I feel like the OP was saying that the Judiciary was the last branch of government with some integrity and that the confirmation of Kavanaugh means that branch has joined the other two in having been taken over by the forces of evil, and that the fall of the judiciary is what marks our descent into war.

This was interpreted as the OP having said that the official addition of white women to oppressed classes marks our descent into war, and that is insulting because the war has been going on for centuries and white women just didn't know or care.

This makes sense if "the fall of the judiciary" and "the recent addition of white women to the oppressed class" are interchangeable statements, and that therefore, by stating the former the OP also implies the latter.

I have seen this a lot on twitter, but the rhetoric there is more "welcome to the struggle, here's a syllabus"

We have twelve years to save the planet. I am going to lecture the white women about their tardiness in year 13.