Old 03-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #2050
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I'm dealing with a check engine light on/inspection due by end of month situation. I drove 100 miles this morning trying to re-set all the sensors but the light stayed on. (I only drive an average of 8 miles a day so every time I have to get my car inspected I have to do a long drive to cycle everything through) Stopped at Autozone to check the code and it's the Catalytic Converter. Went to my mechanic to get a quote. They said they would call me with it. On my way out, one of my regular mechanics was like pssst c'mere. He whispered at me to go get some Cataclean and drive 20 miles, re-fuel, empty my tank driving and come back. He seemed to think that would fix my problem. I really hope it does because the quote was $1,400 and that's not funny. So I've spent a lot of time today driving.

I have now hung up my driving hat. Had a quick workout to get out some angst. It is now time for weekend cooking and cleaning and then time with my spouse tonight.
I hope that works, easy. Every now and then, my tranny starts feeling wonky and I put Lucas' Stops Slips Transmission Fix in and she's good as new. My car's a 2003 and I've driven cross country 3 times, so she's been places and done things.

I'm not sure what year your car is, but if it's more seasoned like mine, keep in mind the catalytic converters can be made with precious metals and are worth something. My coworker replaced hers and found out 2 months later that her car was worth more broke down with the original catalytic converter in it than running with a brand new one it.

To be thread compliant, my agenda is to watch some TV, play online and basically waste time until I get tired and go to bed. Eventually, the cat boxes will be cleaned as well.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: