View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 AM   #620
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trump claims he won't participate in virtual debate...

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Thursday that next week’s presidential debate will be held virtually, with the candidates participating from remote locations as President Trump continues to be treated for the coronavirus.

But in a phone interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo moments after the format change was announced, Trump said he would not take part.

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” he said. “I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, it’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever they want.”

On Wednesday, the commission said the Oct. 15 town hall between Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden would be held remotely in order to “protect the health and safety of all involved” amid the ongoing pandemic and Trump’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis. The commission said the audience participants and the moderator, C-SPAN’s Steve Scully, would be based in Miami, with Trump and Biden in “separate remote locations.”

Trump’s comments aren’t binding, and he sometimes makes bold public statements while in negotiations, only to compromise afterward.

Speaking to reporters before departing Delaware for campaign stops in Arizona, Biden remained skeptical about whether Trump would actually skip the debate.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: