View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #9
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb My family is just a hot mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Have your parents said you're unwelcome in their home? Or is that just a feeling borne out of this current frustration? Remember feelings are fleeting, they can come and go as quick as a bad lover!
My father is a narcissist who has never liked anyone I brought home. And he has said some passing untoward things in my presence since having a stroke two years ago. His personality just isn't the same and he's less emotionally stable. (Tough situation that will probably only get worse with age.)
He also thinks the sun rises and sets on his grandsons heads so he makes excuses for their mother. "Your SIL loves her children and just wants to be a good mother. There's no harm in them going to church. It's something social to do." (Except it's more than social. It's a Baptist church that drinks the hate koolaid each Sunday while their Glenn Beck loving preacher talks about the evils of the liberal agenda.)

My mom is loving and generous and has never said an unkind word to me or my partner.

My issue with talking to my brother has to do with how little time he gets to spend at home with his family. He travels so much For work and has 5 children at home. I dread the idea of ruining any of his time with family.

Yes, at some point I'll have to make a point of discussing the issue. It's not like anyone seems worried about my comfort, or my partner's comfort, when spending time with family.

At least I'm starting to shift from sad to mad - taking into a little anger can't hurt at this point. I have just been SO heartbroken that i couldn't get past wanting to just "fix" ... something. But there's no "fixing" to be had. Only various degrees of communication, boundaries, acceptance and tolerance all around.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post: