Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Oregon is not really a blue state. My county was the stronghold for the democratic seat, but our state is basically an red state. The tiny pale blue dot of our state is dying and it scares me.

Closer to home, my neighborhood used to be the suburban neighborhood where nothing remotely bad ever happened. In the last nine years I have lived in my neighborhood, crime is at an all time high. Neighborhoods are divided, drastically. One block looks good, the next block is very scary. In our neighborhood, since last fall, there have been five killings, Latino and Black gangs dominate the more run down sectors of my area. You can't count on law enforcement to make any positive difference either. Imho, it seems rather hopeless.

Housing issues are at an all time crisis point. You either own (or are trying to own ) your own house and so-called property, or you're a renter and either market for home owners or renters is so bad that I have no idea if anything good will come of it at all.

Thirty, or even 40, years ago Portland was a small an small urban paradise, of sorts. It's not that way any more.

I had plans to move last year, but my life was drastically altered last fall. With any luck at all, I hope to move next year. Where, I'm not sure. Anywhere, but here where I currently have lived for the past nine years, will hopefully be better.

Eta: There are lots of good things about the metro area.....but, I'm at a point in my life where I think I need to put lots of thought into where I will move to next, because it most likely be the last time I move. I grew up in an rural lifestyle. I'd like to return to that, if possible.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: