View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #2768
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
A few years back I read that Walter Conkite book and really enjoyed it!

How I long for the day when newscasters just read the new and gave us the fact!

We didn't know their politics or parties affiliations and that served us well IMHO!
I cracked open the book last night and got as far as page seven of the first chapter. Where he tells about taking a job over at the Moscow bureau, his wife Betsy in tow -- working a job at the embassy bureau of information (government job). It was his wife's small salary that kept them fed, Cronkite's salary was just peanuts compared to his wife's. As I was reading, all I could hear was his deep bass gravely pipe smoking voice.....

Journalism today is nothing like it was back in the time and day of Walter Cronkite or Chet Huntley or Hugh Downs or....And what a joy that we have Barbara Walters, right?

That's so cool that you've read the book too and enjoyed it.
I noticed last night that there's a bunch of choice black and white pictures too.

This book in particular is like having an longtime old friend, when you turn each page, read each turn of thought, as you reminisce about times gone by.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: