View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #39
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Help, help, help... please?

A trivia sort of question:

My mother reads about ten books a week and has for as long as I can remember. She recently gave me this book to look up "who they meant"... as the author - and I did try "search", but I could not get the answer she was looking for. They did mention that this author is the pseudonym of a bestselling novelist, but not who it was/IS.

(And NO... obviously it's not Patrick Buchanan the politically extreme talking show guy who has written books. Patrick Buchanan is the "fake name" here. That came up on search all over the place, why I mention it! LOL.)

OK, book here - which to me has little significance to my mother personally, except she was curious then... A Murder of Crows. (It's old from the 70's I think - like just came up as part of a book-swap for the girls at the bridge club there in town.)

Inside of jacket, here is the "note on the author":

PATRICK BUCHANAN is the pseudonym of a bestselling novelist and prize-winning movie-maker whose books have been read by hundreds of thousands in America and translated into many languages around the world. His face is as familiar to TV viewers as this real name is to readers. He unwinds by collaborating with a globe-trotting friend on suspense and mystery (here's my mother's JONES in reading!) fiction set in unusual locales. A Murder of Crows will soon be followed by an equally exciting sequel.
___

Now, if ANYONE knows who this is - so that I can call my Mom and let her know it would made her "New Year's Day". Trust me. She forgot that she asked me about this over a month ago - and my father was sick yesterday and I need to call back there again to see how he is doing now. (And he keeps getting better, please do not worry...)

So, let me know, if anyone is up to the challenge, or just knows this period - who IS this well known person using this other name in writing here? (Remember, this book is from ... l970 copyright, and then 1972 Pyramid publishing.)

Thank YOU!!! Appreciate any help...

*Happy New Year all!!!

WILDCAT
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post: