Old 05-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #869
Baby_Yoda

How Do You Identify?:
wolf boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Depends on who is addressing me.
Relationship Status:
Supposedly in a relationship

Baby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Biden isn't as wretched a candidate as Clinton was, and now we know how bad Trump is. Plus we are weathering a global crisis with poor leadership. So I think Biden will win -- IF he isn't in serious cognitive decline. If he can't keep it together through the campaign, the Dems could lose. Again. Once again, the Centrist Dems will have fielded a losing candidate. That's the point. Clinton lost. Clinton lost because she was a bad candidate who ran a bad campaign. That's who the Centrists backed, and we got Trump.

Again, Biden isn't Clinton. And it's been a hellish three years under Trump, so if Biden can keep his wits about him, all polls indicate Trump will be gone. But it's an open question. Just how much has Biden declined, and how evident will it be? I honestly think the sexual assault allegations will not be a huge factor although I think they should be investigated. The Centrist Dems are showing what hypocrites they are re this, but maybe the ends justify the means here.

I voted Clinton last time. It was hard to do. I truly despise her politics. It will be easier to vote Biden unless he demonstrates that he is mentally incapable of doing the job. If he does, we are so fucked. I do not think Bernie has any plans to step in. I think the election will proceed. Although it looks like a shoe in for Biden now, if he really looks like he's mentally in decline, we will have Trump again.

And it will be thanks to Centrist Dems again. They lost it before, and they may lose it again.
Short of going to a majority wins voting system and having multiple candidates on the ballot, at this juncture, centrists are the majority in most states. Therefore, those of us that consider ourselves anywhere on the left need to back whichever democrat is on the ballot. That is why Clinton lost. Too many centrists either voted for a third party or did not vote at all because they did not like either candidate. Clinton might not have been a great choice, but she was a far better choice than who is in there now. If the progressives choose to act like the centrists during the next election and stay home, then we will have another four years of Trump.

Bernie is a great politician and his ideas are innovative and I agree with most of them. He is a bit erratic to make a good president though. His ideas need someone behind them with the tenacity to see them through and I don't see that in Bernie. Maybe that is not quite accurate though. Its more that I see him pushing for too much at once and not being able to see anything through to completion in his first term, which would be an open invitation for the republicans to get someone else in office again.

Bernie would have made an excellent VP under Harris had she made it on to the ballot. They could have evened each other out I think. Harris being more methodical in her approach and Bernie always pushing for more. I can truly see a whole lot being accomplished under those two. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen so we must accept what is happening and ensure the most favorable outcome possible at this point in time occurs.

Baby_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote