Old 11-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #93
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

This thread initially set me on edge...cause as everyone knows, if you're looking to be offended by something, you'll find it...and sure enough, offense happened...lol...lots of it...

I think why I have a problem with questions like this is because I apparently don't look at sexuality the same way as some other people...I firmly believe that people live all along the Kinsey scale and their location may change considerably through their life.

I also believe that a "truly" straight woman isn't going to date a woman, butch or no. My friend is a truly straight woman - if you feel nothing but embarrassment and awkwardness when another woman is face down in your vagina, you're straight as an arrow. She gave it a shot (mostly for her husband), but it wasn't her thing. A lot of others can't even muster the interest to go that far. I've been working on this one cute little thing for months to no avail. My and my butch's attention boosts her self-esteem and helps her feel important but there's zero chance her porch door will ever swing our way.

That being said, I think (luckily for us) quite a few people are spread further along the Kinsey scale. My best friend in my 30s had previously had only relationships with men, but it took me roughly twice to get her naked. She was definitely not on the far end of the Scale.

On one hand, it's very important to be respectful of how people self-identify...if they do at all. On the other hand, you also need to realize that straight, and any other label, may not be the same to all people.

That's why I think questions like this put me so on edge. Too many generalizations when there are untold amounts of different variations of sexuality and desire. It's like trying to take people off the Scale and shove them into five or six boxes. Here, you're straight. Oh, you...you're Trans; you go here...Ooooh a bi girl; get in this one...etc etc

I think that's one of the main things that causes such confusion. We don't allow people to step outside their boxes at all without judgement and the need to find out exactly why they don't fit in these limited descriptions of what sexuality is. So, I don't know...that "straight" girl you're banging? Probably not as straight as you're imagining. And there's not a thing in the world wrong with that.