View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 04:40 PM   #59
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I remember watching the tv shows Family, The Waltons, Welcome Back Kotter, Family Affair, The Secret Garden, Captain Kangaroo, Captain Noah and his Magical Ark, Barnaby Jones, The Courtship of Eddie's Father. Tv was so cool back then.
Gayandgray, I think we are in the same age group!

I remember Captain Kangaroo, Family Affair...I loved public television and was a faithful watcher of Kukla, Fran and Ollie...

We had S & H green stamps and gas stations had promotional giveaways.

There was layaway in those days, and I bought my first ten speed bicycle at the age of fourteen by depositing five dollars at a time from my babysitting jobs at Haack's Cycle shop near my house. I wonder how many miles I put on that bike! It was a sky blue Schwinn Traveler.

In those days, kids were outside as many hours as possible and we had neighborhood wide games of hide and seek and kick ball. I was sports dyslexic and shy, but was never excluded by the neighbor kids because of this.

When I was ill, I read the Sears catalogue for entertainment, LOL! I was fascinated with the women's lingerie...now I know why. ; )
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post: