Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Ok this is one of those threads that reminds me of the old site now. Femme and butch stereotypes. I have been the PC police too often lately. So that's all I have to say.
i have to respectfully disagree. people are talking about what THEY would never do. Homoe wont carry a purse and thinks it's funny to consider it because it doesnt fit the Homoe personality (purse-onality? ) it's not stereotyping. it's people talking about THEMSELVES. it would be stereotyping if Homoe said 'only high femmes carry purses so i wont carry one.' i'm a girly femme and rarely carry a purse. i'm more likely to carry a bookbag and i own one purse that's really more like a wallet on a leash than an actual purse. another case in point for not calling this stereotyping is Aishah's comment that she rarely wears perfume. if people were truly stereotyping then someone would be ganging up on her as an utter failure as a femme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i need to work real hard on the not being caught judging and saying i told you so. i try but i definitely get caught doing those from time to time.

i will never be caught wearing perfume! (although sometimes i brave my allergies for patchouli oil, because i love it so much.)
i'll never be caught owning a tv. c.'s going to demand one when he moves in, but it's definitely going to be his. along with the cable bill. LOL!
i'll never be caught eating organ meat, chitlins, gizzards, pickled pigs' feet, etc. it's a big thing where i come from but it just grosses me out way too much.
i can rock me some patchouli oil girl. i love clearing a room! honestly, i rarely wear it and when i do it's in infinitesimal amounts. i figure it's not fair to make people's eyes water with your smells, no matter where they come from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Being put in jail... omg I would die of embarrassment and I could never forgive myself.
eh. (shrug) i've been to jail. it's not that bad. the food is awful but that's about it. otherwise it's just a bunch of people trying to carve out space for themselves to sleep or keep stress to a minimum while waiting. the times i've been there i found most people to be fairly mellow. people typically have their own problems to worry about without making more for you. BUT i'm gonna assume it's easier for me in a jail cell than it is for some others because i'm white so no one in the cop shop ever got too verklempt over me. i'll also add that i wouldnt want to be a transgendered person in jail. our institutionalized cissexism is medieval.

i wont ever be caught eating sardines or kicking a dog or sleeping past 7 am or traveling without music
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post: