How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i truly, honestly believe that octavia butler's parable of the sower is what things are going to look like not too long from now, for the reasons you guys stated (and more).

i wonder about "being ready when the revolution comes" - i do think that the best we can do is do as much as we can in the spheres that we can influence - i.e. local - and real love in the world today is worth a lot when it comes to creating change because it is so scarce. i guess i am always in a tension between wanting to create the revolution and being in a holding pattern of waiting. because really the empire can't keep going too much longer.

(and thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the replies because it's really helpful and comforting to hear other perspectives on this.)
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: